[austechwriter] Re: How useful is the Chicago Manual of Style for Australian conditions?

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 22:07:35 +1000

Hi Craig (Bligh),

The way to stop URLs from breaking in E-mails is to use a less than symbol
"<" immediately preceding, then a greater than symbol ">" immediately
following the URL with no gaps between the URL and those symbols as in:
<http://www.astcvic.org.au/>.

Your URLs will now remain intact and functional across line breaks,
regardless of the spaces and non-standard characters within them and the
length of the link.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas