[audio-pals] Older Houses

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:41:16 -0400

Hello,

  We are finding tons of older houses that we absolutely love. When I say
older I am talking 1950's. I am struggling with this a bit though because I
am looking ahead, past when I am living there. Or rather to the point that I
am ready to not live there anymore. So, when I get to the point of not
wanting to live there anymore it could be 10, 20, 30 or more years down the
road, but I am sure there will come a time that I am ready to move on. If
this is not the case and I stay there until I die then it is not a concern,
However, a 1950 house that I live in for 20 years will then be 85 years old.
I know the specific house that we are looking at has been on the market for
right about 5 months. So, what do you all think, do you think I would have
trouble selling an 85 year old home? It is on the market for 5 months at the
age of 65 years old. It is right about 112,000.00 right now without
negotiating a lower price. Do you think I would be able to get my money
back? If it is not a major concern, the age of the house, then I will not
let it sway my decision, but taking into consideration that it is an all
brick rancher with over 1700 sq. ft. and it is almost 100,000.00 and still
on the market concerns me regardless how beautiful the house seems right
now.