[audacity4blind] Re: time shifter plugin

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 00:34:18 GMT

| From Eric Lueck <echodash19@xxxxxxxxx>
| Sat, 4 Jan 2014 13:29:00 -0800
| Subject: time shifter plugin
> I hope someone can help too, this problem has prevented me from using
> Audacity at all.

Hi Eric,

You've said that before but you didn't explain the steps to make
the problem happen.

Most likely Robert gave you the explanation (read below). You
deselected a track, applied Time Shifter or performed another
action, undid the action with CTRL + Z, but the Undo then reselects
tracks due to an Audacity bug.

Or you did not have a range selected in the tracks, and you
need to turn off "Select All... if none" in Tracks Preferences.

Note that in 2.0.6 (when released), the problem with Undo
reselecting tracks will be fixed. What you can do to avoid the
problem until 2.0.6 is to make the wanted change to the selection
*after* changing which tracks are selected. Then Undo will not
reselect tracks.

Undo still causes some unwanted focus changes in 2.0.6-alpha.

Gale