[audacity4blind] Re: time shifter plugin

  • From: Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 21:32:12 +0100

2014/1/5, Robbie <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Gale!
> Are you saying that in 2.0.6 Undo will result in the action being undone
> but
> none of the tracks being reselected? If what happens now is a bug, that bug
> is a feature I have come to appreciate. When undoing an alignment for
> instance I find it very handy to have the previous selection restored and
> the cursor in its previous position. That's how it should be in my opinion.
> Can you elaborate on the changed behaviour of Undo?
>
> Thanks! Robbie

That is exactly what it currently does not do.

Let's say that we have an event chain:

1. User selects both tracks, first solo.
2. Any Effect
3. (2 tracks selected, First solo.)
4. User deselects first track and disables solo state.
5. Any effect, e.g. Time Shift
6. Undo

Currently, The selection and solo/mute states go back to step 3 and
not to the stage just before the time shift is executed.

Any changes you make inbetween effect calls, with regard to selection
or state, are therefore lost--clearly a bug.

In other words, the undo points are set after an effect instead of before.

Regards
Robert