[audacity4blind] Re: time shifter plugin

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 14:14:54 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Robert,
just to confirm that your example works correctly in the daily build of 2.0.6:
that is, when you undo in step 6, it's only the effect in step 5 that's undone,
and the selection and solo states are unchanged.

 Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: time shifter plugin
 To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Sunday, 5 January, 2014, 20:32

 2014/1/5, Robbie <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>:
 > Hi Gale!
 > Are you saying that in 2.0.6 Undo will result in the
 action being undone
 > but
 > none of the tracks being reselected? If what happens
 now is a bug, that bug
 > is a feature I have come to appreciate. When undoing an
 alignment for
 > instance I find it very handy to have the previous
 selection restored and
 > the cursor in its previous position. That's how it
 should be in my opinion.
 > Can you elaborate on the changed behaviour of Undo?
 >
 > Thanks! Robbie

 That is exactly what it currently does not do.

 Let's say that we have an event chain:

 1. User selects both tracks, first solo.
 2. Any Effect
 3. (2 tracks selected, First solo.)
 4. User deselects first track and disables solo state.
 5. Any effect, e.g. Time Shift
 6. Undo

 Currently, The selection and solo/mute states go back to
 step 3 and
 not to the stage just before the time shift is executed.

 Any changes you make inbetween effect calls, with regard to
 selection
 or state, are therefore lost--clearly a bug.

 In other words, the undo points are set after an effect
 instead of before.

 Regards
 Robert