[audacity4blind] Re: remote recording with audacity

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:57:05 GMT

| From "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
| Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:25:58 +0700
| Subject: remote recording with audacity
> I mean I record 2 inputs at the same time because most of tutorials for blind
> users, we do a little demonstration for people hear what screen reader
> read.

The way to do that in Audacity is to unmute your microphone
on the playback side of the sound system (so the mic plays
through the headphones) then record from stereo mix as now.

Recent Windows computers often cannot directly unmute the
mic playback, but Windows Vista and later let you send the
mic (with a little delay) to the output device, using the "Listen"
tab in the sound input's properties.

The only program I personally know that lets you record
multiple inputs at the same time is Reaper (it is only free for
60 days):
http://www.reaper.fm .

There are also ways of "aggregating" two physical inputs together
(Mac OS X has this feature built in, but Windows does not).

Gale