Re: [artworks] importing sprites

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:28:55 +0100

In message <4154e08d4e.charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> What program did you save the sprite from?
>
> The original jpeg0 was dropped into !DPlngScan 1.23 and saved as a
> sprite.

OK, so that is a bug in DPlngScan 1.23. It has labelled the sprite as
a CMYK sprite but its contents seem to be RGB data. By the way, have
you ever tried loading that sprite back into DPlngScan?

>> A program that incorrectly interpreted the sprite data as 16M colour
>> RGB (and ignored the non-zero values in the reserved bytes) would
>> display a white and blue logo, but that would be entirely wrong.
>
> So could I have loaded the received jpeg into what programme to save
> as a correctly typed sprite?

Into any program that works correctly and that accepts the given jpeg,
but without having seen it it is hard to say. ChangeFSI would be one
option.

> Or is this resolvable by opening the offending lpeg) on a non-RISC OS
> machine and saving it as a 16M RGB?

Yes, it would. Even a standard baseline JPEG whould do. Your JPEG must
have been in a special format, maybe it was one of these rare CMYK
JPEGs I have not seen yet. I would be interested in seeing a copy.