Re: [artworks] importing sprites

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:36:10 +0100

In message <ba55018d4e.charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The pdf manual tells me I can import sprites - but they must be in a
> format the Iyonix can display.
>
> The sprite I want to see in ArtWorks 2.61 (and see in !paint quite
> clearly on the same machine/mode) tells me in the spritepool info that
> it is 32bppCMYK, 644 x 647, 1666716 bytes and in billions of colours.

That sounds unlikely. Iyonix !Paint cannot display CMYK sprites. Paint
displays it as if it was an RGB sprite.

So, if the sprite in question really is a CMYK sprite, then ArtWorks
displays it correctly while Paint will not.

If you see it correctly in Paint then maybe the sprite really is a 16M
colour RGB sprite that just happens to claim it is CMYK.

> Dragging the sprite into !Artworks just gives me a black rectangle.

So, maybe that is what it is?