Re: [artworks] Artworks PDF Import

  • From: John Tytgat <John.Tytgat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 14:00:42 +0200

In message <476c91a04f.boase@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> What I do find odd is that a single line of text (30 characters) came
> through as a set of variable length strings of text
> (2,1,2,1,3,1,4,15,1 characters). Since the substrings aren't whole
> words, I can't believe that the original design was made with such odd
> bits.

Probably not but it does not mean that one line in the original design
should result in one text line in the PDF file.  The original text line
could have al kind of intercharacter spacing (kerning, tracking,
justification, ...) which are not necessary translateable in PDF as one
text line and/or translatable in one AW text line.

John.
John.Tytgat@xxxxxxxx                             ARM powered, RISC OS driven