Re: [artworks] Artworks PDF Import

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 21:19:05 +0200

In message <8276263B-6AC3-4079-A3A0-DE6A9DDF79B8@xxxxxxx>
          Stuart Murden <sgmurden@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This maybe a dumb question .... but here goes anyway ..... I receive
> a local church newsletter in pdf format which is written in 'comic
> sans'. It comes out all 'squiggly' in Artworks. Mind you it renders
> 'squiggly' in Riscript and !Pdf. Any thoughts? Is it because I don't
> have a 'comic sans' font equivalent on my machine. The nearest I have
> is Sassoon.

Obviously, without the appropriate font being installed ArtWorks has
no chance of displaying the text correctly.

However, even if you had the font, that would not help at the moment
because text import in the current ArtWorks 2.8 pre-release is very
basic (see the documentation). In the full release version the PDF
importer will try to make use of installed fonts.