[argyllcms] targen and -c parameter

  • From: Vittorio Villani <vittoriovillani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS List <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:10:45 +0100

In the description of the -c parameter I think that there could be an error in
the last sentence.

The -c flag and parameter is used to specify
an ICC or MPP pre-conditioning profile, for
estimating perceptual distances and colorspace curvature, used in
optimizing the full spread test point placement,or in creating
perceptualy spaced distributions. Normally a previous
profile for this or a similar device will be used, or a simpler,
preliminary profile will be created and used. If no such profile is
specified, a default device space model is used. Note that this
will only have an effect if an algorithm that uses the perceptual
placement, such as -R, -Q, -I,
or the default OFPS with an
-A value > 0.0.

The meaning should be "-c has an effect only if -R -Q -I or default OFPS with
-A >0.0 is used". Can you please check and confirm?

I think that it would be userfull to inseret the number of patches that you can
have for reach A4 with a ColorMunki used with -h parameter (it should be 210
according to my test).

Regards.

Vittorio