[argyllcms] Re: targen and -c parameter

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:07:23 +0000

Hi :)

On 18/11/10 21:15, Graeme Gill wrote:

Does this scan any better ?

Note that this will only have an effect if an algorithm that uses
perceptual
placement (such as -R, -Q, -I or the default OFPS with an -A value >
0.0) is being used.

Yup, I think so. If I were to be *really* nit-picky I'd suggest that there's quite a lot in the brackets separating "placement" and "is being used", so it might be clearer to phrase it like so:

"Note that this will only have an effect when using an algorithm that uses perceptual placement (such as -R, -Q, -I or the default OFPS with an -A value > 0.0)."

(Note, though, that how the orignal sentence scanned wasn't the problem as such - the confusion merely stemmed from an incomplete clause following the "IF". Kind of interesting actually - there's a parallel between how that sentence ends and writing "if(x) {...}" instead of "if(x!=0) {...}"!)

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson