[argyllcms] Re: simulating a device using device links

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 12:52:20 +0400

 20 Sept. 2013, 20:59 +02:00 Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>I want to create a device link profile starting from colour space A
>converting into colour space C while simulating colour space B. One
>single device link profile shall be the result. Hellow Kai-Uwe.
When You speaking about different color spaces, You're assuming that they are
device spaces, not PCS. Right?
As far as I know the device link represents the mapping between two DEVICE
spaces, not PCS.

>collink allows to add a abstract profile to the conversion. Can a
>simulation profile of type abstract be created with argyll tools?
I think Yes. But this may be not so straight and simple. If I find some free
time I'll try to find the sequence.

>The desired conversion inside the abstract profile would be:
>PCS -> simulation space -> PCS In general, when the colors are in gamut and
>gamut mapping wasn't applied while conversion to the simulation space, such
>abstract profile is meaningless. It will be just 1:1 dummy conversion.
So, may be You're speaking about the conversion lilke:
DevA -> PCS -> Simulated_DevB -> PCS -> DevC
?
If You really need
PCS -> simulation space -> PCS
then You should include in this patch the conversions that are applied to
source image. The gamut mapping and (or) gamut clipping.
Can You provide the files (ArgyllCMS compliant) that describes Your devices to
experiment with?

-=-
Nikolay Pokhilchenko.