[argyllcms] Re: simulating a device using device links

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:09:19 +0200

Am 23.09.2013 06:51, schrieb Graeme Gill:
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>
>> I want to create a device link profile starting from colour space A
>> converting into colour space C while simulating colour space B. One
>> single device link profile shall be the result.
>
> Hello Kai-Uwe,
>       I'm afraid I don't understand what you are after.
>
> If all these colorspaces are device spaces, how can something
> be "in space B" when its in space A ? How is that defined ?

A proofing transform is a combination of at least two transforms. The
first transform converts into the to be simulated colour space. The
second converts into the actual proofing device space. The image
processing happens in one go, hence the desire for one single device link.

> Typically "emulating/proofing space B in space C" really just means
> a colorimetric mapping of the colors in space B to space C.

agreed

kind regards
Kai-Uwe