[argyllcms] Re: help with camera profile

  • From: "alberto.ferrante@xxxxxxxxxx" <alberto.ferrante@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:21:03 +0200 (CEST)

As usual, I forgot the subject in my previous post... I apologize for
double posting.

I checked for clipping and, no, those patches are not
clipping while
generating the profile (i.e., during the conversion
from raw of the
target for processing): the L15 patch is at about 210,
210, and 15 for
R, G, and B channels, respectively. They may clip,
along with other
patches, once the final profile and curves are
applied, but this is a
different story.
I re-shoot the target with the
7D in the same
conditions of the 5DIII shoot (flash light) and the
situation improved.
I now have only one patch (the usual L15) with an
error of 22. If I
remove it, I get the peak error below 15 (14.
something). Regardless the
lightning conditions, though, the L15 (and
K15) patches are the ones
exhibiting with higher errors. Though, when
generating LUT-based
profiles, errors are much lower (around 2-3 as a
peak).
I tried
changing the output colorspace to Prophoto, but this
only slightly
improves the situation (the peak error goes to 20
instead of 22).

Regards,
      Alberto

Iliah Borg wrote:
>> If I try
to do the same
with the 7D profile, the error gets higher (27
>> as
peak) and even
after removing 3 patches it stays to 17. The "bad"

patches are
always orange/yellow.

>it might depend on the output
colour space
and how they get their. I mean, have
>you checked for
clipping?

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di
uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un
amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/