[argyllcms] Re: help with camera profile

  • From: Stephen T <stwebvanuatu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 18:08:26 -0700 (PDT)

Yes,

If -am is not satisfactory, there might be something wrong with the input photo
and/or your workflow. Someone already noted this back at the start of the
thread.

Visual evaluations are not satisfactory because there are dozens of variables
that affect whether or not the photo looks "good". You can review many photos,
some will be good and some will look wrong. I've wasted hours doing this.

Delta E is a more reliable test of accuracy, see profcheck. Use a different
photo(and perhaps a different target, e.g. ColorChecker has better spectral
properties) to the one used for profiling. Evaluate delta E with your profile
in various kinds of lighting.

Stephen.