[argyllcms] Re: help with camera profile

  • From: Iliah Borg <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:28:58 -0400

Dear Alberto,

> when used in ufraw, the
> profile shows the same yellow cast in some situations.

Yellow cast might be the result of wrong setting of the clipping in the
converter as Nikolay suggested.

> I cannot use rawdigger as it is not available for Linux

RawDigger is designed to run under Wine. Ir will alos allow you to check the
saturation level for sensors.

> What I can add is that there is the L15 patch (yellow) that is
> problematic, especially with a matrix only profile (it gives errors of
> about above 20-30).

Is the target individually measured? One other thing you can try is getting
target shots (Digital ColorChecker SG) from Imaging Resource site and calculate
a profile from those.
My matrix-based 5D3 profiles are OK. I can confirm that some few tints of
yellow do have wrong renditions due to the filters used in the camera, but
those are in a very narrow range of Lab. LUT profiles attempting to accommodate
for these variations usually make things worse sacrificing profile smoothness.

As Edmund said, you can try also taking a profile from CaptureOne, those are
LUT-based.

--
Iliah Borg
ib@xxxxxxxxxxx