[argyllcms] Re: help with camera profile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:24:46 +1000

Iliah Borg wrote:

Hi,

> A question to Graeme if I may: Is there a way to incorporate linearization
> curves into input
> profiles?

You can incorporate calibration curves for input profiles in the usual ways :-

 Append a 'CAL' table to the .ti3 file.
 Use applycal to add a calibration into a profile.

What's missing is the input equivalent of printcal (ie. "scancal" ?)
and a calibration option for scanin equivalent to the
"printtarg -K". Neither of these would be particularly
hard to add.

> only digital cameras, but scanning negatives as well. For negatives I obtain
> an L* -> L* table
> by measuring the densities on the film shot of the Kodak N2 target, and the
> reference L* values
> of the target are also known (and measured). The profile composed by refine
> is correct if used
> as a stand-alone.

Hmm. Note that calibration in the above context is a device space table (ie.
it is to linearise the device values before mapping them to CIE using
a matrix or cLUT).