There was a recent update to xiccd 0.2.4, so I tested that, and thought
I should update this thread. Unfortunately, dispwin is still broken with
this version too. I went through all the following steps to troubleshoot
* I'm testing with `dispwin -d 1 -I /path/to/XPS_17.icc`
* With colord 1.3.3 and colord-kde (0.5.0) the command works fine.
* With colord 1.3.4 and colord-kde (0.5.0) the command fails, with the
Could not import profile /path/to/XPS_17.icc: property match
'Filename'='/path/to/XPS_17.icc' does not existDispwin: Error - Failed to
install profile '/path/to/XPS_17.icc'!
* If I then install xiccd 0.2.4, I get the same error.
* If I then uninstall colord-kde, I get the same error.
* If I then restart (i.e. I have xiccd but not colord-kde installed), it fails
with the following.
Failed to find device that matches 48ead1f8564c7bceb6c19c7f76efcd28: property
match 'OutputEdidMd5'='48ead1f8564c7bceb6c19c7f76efcd28' does not existDispwin:
Error - Failed to install profile '/path/to/XPS_17.icc'!
* If I remove both xiccd and colord-kde, then restart, I get the same error!
* If I then revert to colord 1.3.3 (with neither colord-kde nor xiccd
installed) then restart, it works fine.
I also noticed that I had colord-gtk installed (as a dependency of of
colorhug-client). I tried removing this and only having colord-kde, but
this also failed. However, even after removing all three colord-gtk,
colord-kde and xiccd, the old colord 1.3.3 works.
So, to summarise, I had no combination of the new colord 1.3.4 that
worked with dispwin. OTOH, colord 1.3.3 always worked with dispwin.