[argyllcms] Re: Perceptual intent

  • From: Production <production@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:33:53 +0000
On 20 Dec 2014, at 04:28, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are a lot of test images out there:
> <http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/test_images.html>
> <http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi048/essay.html>
>
> etc.
>
> can't one of those demonstrate the problems you see ?

Certainly does.

The Northlight site has the old Photodisc test image.

If you do device link conversion to FOGRA39L in Argyll you can see exactly what
I have a problem with in the skin tones at the bottom of the target.

All of them are far too saturated with yellow. This is OK for the pale white
baby, but not good for the others.

The black skin colour is *especially* unusable in Argyll with both too much
yellow and too much warmth in 3/4 tones.

A conventional conversion using Photoshop produces a superior result here.

--
Martin Orpen
Idea Digital Imaging Ltd