[argyllcms] Regarding building input profiles and conversion tables

  • From: Derin Korman <derin.korman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 12:08:33 +0000

Hello,
I was unclear on one thing, I build input profiles for a drum scanner using
argyll, and have generally found the shaper kind to work best overall. The
question is: Does it matter which type of rendering table I choose in
argyll as shaper profiles don't contain LUTs in the strict sense? My
workflow is to convert the images to Ektaspace in Photoshop using
perceptual (which I am assuming is the same as relative when there isn't a
proper a2b table? Would I better off If I specified Ektaspace as output and
chose perceptual mapping in the profiling stage, or would anyone have other
suggestions as to the best workflow for this setup of drum scan image with
profile > ektaspace in photoshop > print later

cheers,