[argyllcms] Re: Fwd: Simple how-to on camera profiling

  • From: Karljohan Lundin Palmerius <karljohan.palmerius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 19:29:07 +0100

>>> Again, Argyll 1.1.1 has a matrix only mode (-a m) which is very cool.
>>>
>>> Adding some ooomph to your images should not be the job of the
>>> profile, UFRaw has basecurves for that.
>>
>> Yes, of course, but you need the profile to get a good baseline to add
>> the "ooomph" to :-)  I don't have version 1.1.1 at the moment so I
>> can't try it but I just assume that the gamma in the gamma+matrix is
>> used to compensate for the most basic non-linearities in the camera.
>
> Well, Argyll is free, no reason not to update :)

Well, there is one reason not to upgrade and that's APT. Whether or
not it's a good reason is a question still open for discussion. Do you
think using the matrix only mode is so much better that it's worth the
extra trouble? I've used APT for so long that I've almost forgotten
how it was to manually download a program and then go through the full
installation procedure. :-)

/ KJ