[argyllcms] Re: Fwd: Simple how-to on camera profiling

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 16:15:19 +0100

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Karljohan Lundin Palmerius
<karljohan.palmerius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Maybe you have a sample file to share?
>>
>> Anyway, in a previous post I attached a ready to go 350D profile, did
>> you try it?
>
> I collected a few coloured items (one with both florescence and
> reflector) together with the QPcard201 and took a few pictures. I have
> tried your profile, with white balance against a grey patch on the
> target, my own customized profile following the how-to, the camera
> default JPEG output and the "standard" profile that came with the
> camera. I've put all four resulting images plus the original raw file
> on my website.
>
> http://palmerius.se/public/2010-03-20-photo-sample

Great.

> The camera default output is just crap, but that's probably because I
> had no way to perform white balancing - it is set to automatic WB. The
> "standard" profile is off in many places and that was the original
> reason for me to put together the how-to. Hard for you to know how the
> colours are supposed to look, but the two top cups are supposed to be
> red and orange. I think that your profile and my custom one are so
> close that it requires a calibrated output device to see which is most
> true and I don't have that at the moment. They are not the same,
> though.

I have a entry level wide gamut display calibrated with a ColorMunki.

Well, my profile does make the reds a bit orangy... But how did you
light the scene?

My profiles is intended as a "generic" profile (as far as that's
possible of course), it should be most accurate for sunlight/strobe.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn