[argyllcms] Re: Dispcal - Inverting Jacobian failed?

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:37:49 +0200

Graeme Gill wrote:
> The best thing is to try and figure out what settings give you a
> progressive output - ie. that give a different output for each
> possible RGB input value.

Graeme,

in particular clipping at the high end seems to be very common among
different LCD display, when the contrast and/or RGB gain controls are
turned up too much. I think it may be helpful for the user, if the
dispcal functions

    2) White point (Color temperature, R,G,B, Gain/Contrast)
    3) White level (CRT: Gain/Contrast, LCD: Brightness/Backlight)

would give aid to detect a clipped, non-progressive output (e.g. if
dispcal would print a metric for the current amount of highlight
clipping in addition to the current deviation from the target).

Regards,
Gerhard