[argyllcms] Re: Dispcal - Inverting Jacobian failed?

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:17:28 +0200

Graeme Gill wrote:
> At each neutral curve target point dispcal attempts to locate the RGB
> value to meet the target.

Graeme,

just by the way, do you happen to know this one?
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~neum/ms/snobfit.pdf
http://solon.cma.univie.ac.at/software/snobfit/

Recently I stumbled over this paper, and what initially came into my
mind was that this algorithm seems to be taylored for problems like
dispcal, i.e. for minimizing a non-deterministic, expensive objective
function. It seems to be a bit complex and therefore expensive to
implement though [there is however a Matlab implementation available
freely for download, but I did not yet find some time to evaluate it].

Kind Regards,
Gerhard