[argyllcms] Re: Colprof question

  • From: "Fabrizio Levati" <fabrizio.levati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:44:54 +0100

Nikolay,
you are right about the TIL but what I am trying to understand is why, starting
from the same characterization data (FOGRA39) and using the same TIL and a
similar Black generation rule, I am not able to obtain a result similar to that
produced by different profiling software. The problem is that I find almost
impossible to manage the CMY inks level the way I want. The same TIL, as you
say, can lead to a black curve that ends at the upper right corner of the
graph, only if you can limit/define the amount of CMY versus K along the whole
range from 0 to 100%.
In the list there are experts that can say if I'm wrong saying that we are
speaking about what is normally called "Black Width"...

Fabrizio
  From: Fabrizio Levati <fabrizio.levati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:49:36 +0100
  Subject: [argyllcms] Re: Colprof question

  Now that I learnt something more, getting the same plots as yours, I'm still
  wondering: why it seems impossible to push the black curve end point toward
  the upper right coordinates limit?
  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Argyll is supposed to behave exactly
  as another CMS but I just want to learn as much and as well as possible from
  your experience.

  Thanks
  Fabrizio