[argyllcms] Re: Colprof question

  • From: Fabrizio Levati <fabrizio.levati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 17:16:52 +0100

After reading and thinking about Graeme's good suggestions, I spent a few
hours experimenting further with black generation related parameters.

First I tried to create the black shape I wanted and with

colprof -v -qm -kp 0 .15 1 .95 .45 -S eciRGB_v2.icc -cmt -dpp -l330 FOGRA39

I was quite satisfied (image1). Then I tried to limit the maximum amount of
black to 95%, simply adding -L95 to the line above. As a result, colprof
introduced an abrupt change in the CMY levels around the three quarter tone
(image2).
Could someone please give me an explanation?
I'm sure I'm on the right way to understand how I have to use all these
parameters but...

Fabrizio