[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating the DTP94

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:56:33 -0500

> Sure, but you'd need to write a driver of some sort to
> capture the color values, since display calibration is interactive,
> and any manual means would be rather tedious.
>
> Graeme Gill.

I don't mind entering 100 xyY values if it's going to afford me the best
colorimetry :)

But, I know, it will be a pain.

I have seen a little circuit to interface the CS-100 to the parallel port of
a PC. But the NRC wants too much money for it. So, for the meantime, I'll
resort to manual data collection means.

So, how do I go about this? I have someone who could possible lend some help
with the programming. All we'd have to do, supposing dispcal does create
acceptable calibration, is to create a routine for manually displaying the
patches in targen, measure them, write them to a file, and give those values
for profile for crunching the ICC profile?

Roger Breton  |  Laval, Canada  |  graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pages.infinit.net/graxx