[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating the DTP94

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:03:39 +0100

Graeme Gill wrote:
> Roger Breton wrote:
>> I want to save me the agony of correcting the profile. Although, is it
>> conceivable to correct the profile, after the fact? I realize what
>> I'm after
>> is complex and fraught with obstacles I may not be able to overcome.
>> Unless
>> I work on the EyeOneDisplay II? As Graeme says he reverse-engineered
>> the XYZ
>> correction matrix.
> In summary, it's not clear to me how to change the underlying calibration
> of a DTP94 (It has some documented calibration attributes, but doesn't
> seem to go as far as a general calibration matrix), whereas the
> Eye-One Display
> has a matrix from it's sensors to XYZ, so it's reasonably obvious
> how to create and then write a matrix to the instrument, to be able to
> calibrate it to match another instrument such as the CS-100.

Even if it not clear how to override the factory calibration, I think it
should be pretty easy to modify dtp92_read_sample() to apply an
_additional_ 3x3 matrix to the captured XYZ values, before returning
them to the caller.

Btw, do you know whether this is a three-filter instrument, or does it
possibly have even more than three filters/sensors?

Regards,
Gerhard