[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating the DTP94

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:04:43 +0100

The bit rate of 390 bits/s (i.e. 1 / 2.56ms) is rather unusual, and the
framing (3 start bits low followed by one start bit high in front of the
data) is rather unusual too. I'm not sure, whether the UART of a PC's
RS232 interface can be programmed to handle these frames directly (the
frames could be basically treated as if they were standard async frames
wih 1 start bit, 11 data bits, no parity and 2 stop bits, if the upper
three data bits are stripped off afterwards, but I'm not sure, wheter
the UART in the PC can handle 11 data bits, I think it can handle just
8). So I'm not sure, whether simply interfacing of the "Data out" line
to the RS232 RxD would make sense.

Not specified seems to be the voltage level of "SCK", and the expected
input voltage levels for "Busy" and "Measurement Request". Possibly
TTL-Level?

Regards,
Gerhard