[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating the DTP94

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:15:07 -0500

Graeme,

> The sequel library that the eye-one sdk uses, has capabilities to set
> calibration matrices, but I don't think these are exposed by the
> eye-one sdk itself.

I'll have to ask the question to X-Rite.

> It would make far more sense
> to add a correction in the driver to the XYZ values.

Yes. No question. I was trying to think of the case when using other
profilers.

> Before jumping to conclusions though, how would you characterize
> the errors between the DTP94 and the CS-100 ?

What I've done in the past with the Canadian National Research Center was to
simultaneously measure my Eizo CG21 with my CS-100 and their CS-1000. Dr.
Réjean Baribeau then used Matlab to calculate a correction matrix to apply
to the CS-100 measurements, yielding very low residuals.

> If you scaled the
> XYZ values to make the white points agree, how much in
> error would other colors be ?

I don't know and that's probably not the route to go, perhaps.

Suppose I use dispcal to calibrate my Eizo CG221. Presently, this would only
go as far as calibrating the monitor through the host video LUT -- not the
monitor LUT. So, not a good solutino for this part of the work :(

But suppose I use some other profiler, like ColorEyes Display, who have code
to calibrate the Eizo in hardware.

Then, conceivably, I could use targread to read the patches, with my CS-100,
in some kind of manual mode, and then profile would build me the final 3DLUT
monitor profile from my corrected CS-100 measurements! Bingo.

Would that work?

Roger Breton  |  Laval, Canada  |  graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pages.infinit.net/graxx