[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating the DTP94

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:55:24 -0500

Gerard,

> looking at the handbook, I'm a bit puzzled. Is the instrument really
> incapable to do chromaticity measurements at luminance levels below 48
> cd/m² ("FAST" setting) or 11.9 cd/m² ("SLOW" setting)? The handbook says
> "below measurement range".

As far as I know, the instrument is capable of measuring below 48 and 11.9
cd/m2. But this is my impression ;-)

I could ask Minolta. But since I routinely take measurements down to 1 cd
and less on my monitors, I doubt that the instrument is not capable of
taking readings below 48 and 11.9.

> If this is the case, then you may not be able to measure darker patches
> on a CRT/LCD display.

So true.

> Or is it just a matter of lower accuracy at lower luminance levels?

Ah! Good question. To which I don't have the answer :(

> Gerhard

Regards,

Roger Breton  |  Laval, Canada  |  graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pages.infinit.net/graxx