[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating a digital photo frame

  • From: "Frédéric Mantegazza" <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:03:31 +0100 (CET)

Le 18/12/2007, "Graeme Gill" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

>> This is strange, because I can see a vcgt tag in the profile. It looks like
>> it used the LUT installed in my video card... Well, I think it is not
>> really a problem, as it can't modify the photo frame LUT.
>
>Sorry, you're quite right, it does do that now (it didn't
>originally). It shouldn't make any difference to to photo frame though.

Ok.

>That's actually a reason for adding the shell callout to dispcal,
>you could then use the control adjustment feedback to set the
>knobs to get closest to a certain target (if of course, you could
>automate sending the test image to the display).

I can't automatically download the patches on the photo frame, but I
guess, here too, the patches used for initial measurement to adjust
display are always the same. Am I right? So I can generate them,
download them on the photo frame, and use the same pause script with
dispcal...

>You could create a test 'chart' of a few key colors (ie. 10% step
>grey wedges, if you can fit 10 squares and still measure them,
>or coarser steps if you have to), and compute the relative Y
>values you expect at a reasonable gamma, and then use spotread -dw
>to measure the colors to guide your adjustment.

Sounds good!

Thanks for all these good ideas :o)

--
   Frédéric