[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating a digital photo frame

  • From: Martin Ling <martin-argyll@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 01:05:34 +0000

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 04:30:19PM +0100, Fr?d?ric Mantegazza wrote:

> I would like to know if the patches generated by dispread are always the
> same each time I call it, or is it like with dispcal, where patches are
> computed in real time, depending of the previous meaasure?

Always the same. They come from the .ti1 file you generate with targen.

> If I can generate all patches, download them to the photo frame, and then
> display them in the right order during calibration process, it will be
> easier.

Presumably this would involve putting the frame into a slideshow mode
and guessing from the PC when it should have changed images? If you're
lucky then the slideshow timing will be consistent, if not it could get
out of sync easily.

The other option of course is to bodge up a way to plug/unplug the frame
from the USB port and operate the remote control, all from the PC. Could
be as simple as a couple of transistors hooked up to a serial/parallel
port.

Martin