[argyllcms] Calibrating a digital photo frame

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:45:40 +0100

Hello,

I bought a digital photo frame for my mother, and I'm not very happy with
it; images are not very nice...

I'm wondering if it is possible to calibrate it? Well, not exaclty
calibrate it... Let me explain.

The idea is to find the color space (= icc profil) of the photo frame,
then, convert pictures to that color space before sending them. But as it
is not possible to drive the photo frame as for a monitor, I though
generating color patches, load them, and make measures (one for each
patch/image).

But then, is it possible to generate a profil from all these values? If
not, would it be hard to implement such feature in Argyll?

Or is it a stupid idea?

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org