[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating a digital photo frame

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:50:49 +0100

On mardi 18 décembre 2007, Graeme Gill wrote:

> With such a limited number of patches you're probably best off
> generating a shaper matrix profile (profile -as) - you may have already
> figured that out.

Yes, I used a shaper matrix.

> Hmm. Could be viewing angle related, or that the backlight isn't close
> to what the i1display is calibrated for.

No, nothing changed...

> If it isn't given a cal file, it will not set VideoLUTs, and will assume
> that you're profiling the display in it's current state. There will
> be no vcgt tag in the resulting profile. This is probably what you want.

This is strange, because I can see a vcgt tag in the profile. It looks like
it used the LUT installed in my video card... Well, I think it is not
really a problem, as it can't modify the photo frame LUT.

But the tone curves are rally hugly :o( I also think I'm too far from a
calibrated screen to do a correct job... I can play with the
luminosity/contrast knobs, but is there a way to do that with the help of
the instrument, or just with a special set of patches (and my eyes)? It is
hard to figure out where are the best values...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org