[argyllcms] Re: Awful result with Argyll 1.3.5 + dispcalGUI 0.8 + i1Display Pro & Dell U2711 :-(((

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:10:48 +1100

Paolo Avezzano wrote:
> I made a new test for the calibration alone with a higher brightness setting.
> I attached both the complete log and the .cal file.
> As you can see, and that's a first strange effect, starting from 123cd
> setting target on 120cd, the final brightness after calibration decrease a
> lot.

I'm not sure what you mean. The brightness of 120 was unattainable given
the white point target, so it was automatically reduced.

> Also the WP is quite far from D65.

Seem pretty good to me given instrument and display drift:

White     Visual Daylight Temperature = 6291K, DE 2K to locus =  2.3

> Maybe you'll fine other strange values I cannot understand.

No, it all looks pretty reasonable. I'm not clear what problems
you are seeing.