[argyllcms] Re: Awful result with Argyll 1.3.5 + dispcalGUI 0.8 + i1Display Pro & Dell U2711 :-(((

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 22:52:50 +0100

Hi,

Am 08.01.2012 21:18, schrieb Fabrizio Giudici:
*Lots* of applications do not like monitor LUT profiles, here one
example http://photo.net/digital-darkroom-forum/00YAgu

Thanks. But this doesn't have to do with an "experimental" nature of the
LUT feature in Argyll, rather with the alleged incapability of some
software to handle them - at least as far as I understand. Right?

Correct. It's unfortunate that some applications do not support LUT profiles, and some only use the matrix part of Argyll's XYZ LUT profiles (thus the XYZ LUT + swapped matrix option, if you get swapped colors with it, the respective application uses the deliberately color swapped matrix instead of the LUT. The XYZ LUT + swapped matrix option is purely meant as a way to alert you in case the application does not use the LUT).

Generically speaking, I wouldn't exclude the use of LUT in principle,
since matrix profiles in my case are off the 2 dE threshold. I'd rather
carefully test throughout the whole workflow and eventyally give up if a
problem arises. What do you think

Agreed.

--
Florian Höch