[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.3.6 Released

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:17:28 +1100

János, Tóth F. wrote:
> A different PDP from anoter manufacturer measured close to 42ms with
> 23.976Hz input.
> According to the spec sheet, it displays 24Hz at 96Hz (otherwise the
> screen would flicker like hell).
>
> But the reading felt more consistent on this PDP.
>
> What kind of data can I collect to investigate this further?
> (If there is anything to investigate - I am not sure what that number
> really means, I am just guessing...)

Hi,
        sorry, it's not clear to me exactly what you are
referring to. If you mean the i1d3 refresh mode, then the
measured refresh period will be the longest one found above
20Hz (==50 msec). This errs on the conservative side and allows
for possible sub-harmonics in (say) a temporal dithering pattern.
As long as the measurement period (integration time) is a multiple
of the actual refresh period, it will have better repeatability than
a measurement period that isn't matched. So a 96Hz refresh
would be expected to result in a refresh period measurement
of 41.66 msec, rather than the true refresh period of 10.4167 msec.