[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.3.6 Released

  • From: James Hicks <jimbhicks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:03:44 -0500

Graeme,

Referring to this earlier post concerning my problems with a Spyder 2:

James Hicks wrote:
> I am having difficulties running ArgyllCMS with my old Spyder2 on Windows 7
> 64-bit.  In a nutshell, when I attempt to do a calibration after doing
> interactive adjustment of white point or level, I get bad and inconsistent
> values for black XYZ and the calibration fails.  However, when I skip the
> interactive monitor adjustment, the black values are normal and calibration
> can proceed successfully.  In all cases, the XYZ values for the other
> colors appear normal and consistent.

Hi,
        It seems that aborting a reading (by hitting the space bar), leaves
the instrument hardware out of sync with the driver. As a result, the
next read has faulty measurement values. A workaround is to do a "Check All"
before
proceeding on to the calibration. I'll add a fix for this in the next release.

Graeme Gill.

You do seem to have fixed this in V1.3.6.  Thanks for that.

However, you don't mention the fix in your release notes.

Jim H.