[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS 1.3.2, spyder2 and usb problem - both Win and Lin

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:50:26 +1100

Sergey Artuh wrote:
device works fine. On T510 situation is strange: Linux usb device read
times out but Argyll running on a windows virtual machine (on the same
linux master which fails) understands Spyder2. I tried to insert Spyder

This doesn't surprise me that much. The Spyder is quite a problem to
talk to reliably. On some operating systems, each USB end point needs
resetting between packets, and on others doing so causes problems. Typically
Linux and MSWin are opposite. I don't actually know what the Spyder is doing
to cause these sorts of issues - a hardware USB scope would be needed to
figure it out.