[argyllcms] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Eye-One problem

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 00:36:08 +1000

Michel Joly de Lotbinière wrote:
I don't have one of these, so I'm talking through my hat, but I worry
about this: is it ever a good idea to use pressurized air to blow into
a cavity on an opto-electronic device, unless you know that any dust
will exit only through the cavity opening and not be blown further
inside the device?

There's not a whole lot that's in danger in the i1pro. The diffraction
grating is well protected by a lens and a length of fiber optic cable.
All that's at the other end of the cylindrical mirror is the incandescent
lamp.

Graeme GIll.