[argyllcms] AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Eye-One problem

  • From: "Vladimir Gajic" <vgajic67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:54:13 +0200

Hi Graeme,

thank's for the hint, I'll try it. Anyway, I like the idea that argyll may be
more sensitive to hardware changes of my measurement devices than commercial
solutions. In general, the issue of colour measurement in modern colour
management systems is often totally underestimated. That's at least my
expirience.

Regards
Vladimir

-- Gesendet von meinem Palm Pre
Graeme Gill &lt;graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt; schrieb am 23.04.2010 09:55:

Vladimir Gajic wrote:

&gt; hm... maybe it's time to send my instrument to xrite. The last revision is
at least two

&gt; years old. Anyway, argyll is the first solution that indicated the
possibility of a

&gt; hardware problem witch can be leaded back to the instrument. The Eye One I
use is quite

&gt; an exploited one.

It's possible that the Argyll driver is being overly sensitive to

reading inconsistency in the black calibration. (I notice that I

have to retry the dark calibration more often than I would imagine

is necessary).

If you are compiling from source you could try changing the #define
PATCH_CONS_THR

in spectro/i1pro_imp.h about line 144 from 0.05 to 0.1, and see if this improves

things.