[argyllcms] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Eye-One problem

  • From: Ernst Dinkla <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:46:16 +0200

Michel Joly de Lotbinière schreef:
I don't have one of these, so I'm talking through my hat, but I worry
about this: is it ever a good idea to use pressurized air to blow into
a cavity on an opto-electronic device, unless you know that any dust
will exit only through the cavity opening and not be blown further
inside the device?

The cone will be taken off the instrument before the cleaning. It is a simple part with a 0.55mm selected white float glass disc glued in at the wide side. One expects that the UV cut version will have the filter glass there. I guess Vladimir uses one of the clean air pressurised cans to blow the dust out, you wouldn't like to use 8 bar air with oil mist for that purpose.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,      Ernst

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions

|          Dinkla Grafische Techniek         |
| Tel.040-2920132 Mob.0649426098 |
|             www.pigment-print.com           |
|             (         unvollendet         )            |