[argyllcms] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Eye-One problem

  • From: Ernst Dinkla <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:38:43 +0200

Vladimir Gajic schreef:
Hi Graeme,

hm... maybe it's time to send my instrument to xrite. The last revision is at
least two years old. Anyway, argyll is the first solution that indicated the
possibility of a hardware problem witch can be leaded back to the instrument.
The Eye One I use is quite an exploited one.

Regards
Vladimir

Maybe it is just dirty. There is a thin glass disc glued inside the sensor head to protect the sensor, cone mirror and lamp source. Holding the Eye 1 upside down you can encircle the black cone shape with your left hand thumb and the next finger. Turn the cone clockwise with little pressure all around and it can be removed. Check the dust (paper lint, dust) in the cone at the other side of the protection glass. It will be hard to clean that side through the orifice but at least you know whether that could be the reason. There shouldn't be any dust etc at the mirrors so leave them as they are.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,      Ernst

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions

|          Dinkla Grafische Techniek         |
|             www.pigment-print.com           |
|             (         unvollendet         )            |