[argyllcms] Re: Eye-One problem

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:20:48 +0200

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
The cone will be taken off the instrument before the cleaning. It is a
simple part with a 0.55mm selected white float glass disc glued in at
the wide side. One expects that the UV cut version will have the filter
glass there. I guess Vladimir uses one of the clean air pressurised cans
to blow the dust out, you wouldn't like to use 8 bar air with oil mist
for that purpose.

I use a very thin brush to clean the inner side of the cone -- works like a charm. I've had bad experience of compressed air in cans: they can spray propellant drops that leave stains behind on optical surfaces.

Klaus