[HG-PBEM] Re: There's a Party Going On!!!

  • From: "Hurricane Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:08:42 -0400

> > The four women had caught sight Chance and his entourage enroute,
giggling
> > at his drunken display. It was clear though that the sight of the
handsome
> > trid star was appealing though as each of the women's eyes brightened.
> >
> > Jaana's eyes lit up more, smiling, as she lowered her head and pushed
her
> > hair back behind her ear. Still, it was Felicity who just rolled her
eyes
> > and smiled pleasantly, responding. "I think that a trideo star named
> > Sabastian Chance invited us," the mechanic replied. "Have you seen him?"
>
> Tina watched the going-ons carefully, but found them dull, immature.  She
had spent enough time around humans to know where this exercise  was >going,
and although she herself found some merit the the physical exersions of
casual sex, she had no stomach for watching the "dance" before her.

> Why did humans insist on spending so much time socializing?  There was
work to be done.  There were computer system logs to monitor and check,
>race data from the trials the day before, systems to tweak and calibrate.
She wanted to be back at the hanger, working, doing something that would
>prove her worth, a sign that her existance was merited in this chaotic
universe, but instead she sat, watching drunk humans flirt and carouse.  It
was >disappointing.  There was so much to be done, so many questions to be
answered, and here is where the Redliners choose to spend their time.

From her place just inside the doorway, Keavy surveyed the room with a
hawklike gaze.  Each person and social situation was studied and analyzed.
The location of the bar was memorized.  In one corner of the room lay a
bubbling cauldron of social possibility. "Heh heh." she chuckled to herself.
"Hot tub goodness."  She then looked over each of the men flanking her, a
plotting look masked by miniskirt and halter top, as her body slowly started
to sway to the beat.

Taking a step forward, she spun on her heels and turned to face them.
"Alright men.  Keavy is taking the lead this night.  This is the moment of
truth, when all fears and ambitions are layed out on the table.  Racing on a
track is one thing, but building team spirit is paramount.  Therefore your
missions, and you have no choice but to accept it, is to mingle and dance
with Keavy.  Starting with you!"  Keavy grabbed onto Fastlanes arm and
started to pull him into the middle of the room.  "Let's see if you've got
moves off the track." She said beaming.

Griz