[HG-PBEM] Re: There's a Party Going On!!!

  • From: "Hurricane Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:38:28 -0400

> > A look of sheer, unadulterated panic crossed Shamus' face.  He leaned
> > back  and dug his heels in, but Keavy's deceptive forcefulness still had
> > him  sliding slowly across the floor.
> >
> > "What?  Who, me?  No, I don't, uh, dance.  Not since the accident."

Shamus reluctance spurred Keavy on.  "Nuh uh.  You're not getting away from
me that easily.  I've been plotting this for some time now."

> > His head swiveled around desperately, like a man in quicksand looking
> > for  some roots to grab hold of.  "Why not ask, uh, this guy?" he said,
> > stabbing  a finger in the direction of the nearest unsuspecting male.
>
> Saddik, who had stayed behind as Lyle and Sudo followed Sabastian, looked
> up from his drink with a look of panic, his eyes like saucers. "Me?" he
> exclaimed, holding up his hands. "I like music and all, but I don't
> dance." He smiled weakly at Keavy.

Still holding onto Shamus' arm, Keavy looked over at Saddik.  She seemed to
be sizing him up for a moment or two and then pointed at him with a
flourish.  "Saddik!  I hereby declare you to be Keavy Social Victim Number
Two!  You are not allowed to leave this party without dancing with me
first."

Despite Shamus struggling, Keavy managed to pull him into an open space in
the middle of the apartment.  "Okay Fastlane.  I guess it falls onto my
shoulders to make you remember how to dance.  It's just like Gear racing.
You never forget how to do it."  She pulled him close, putting his hands on
her waist while she wrapped her own around his neck.  "Just let your body
flow with the beat and follow my lead."

Hurricane G