[HG-PBEM] Re: There's a Party Going On!!!

  • From: robbneu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:33:13 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

> The four women had caught sight Chance and his entourage enroute, giggling
> at his drunken display. It was clear though that the sight of the handsome
> trid star was appealing though as each of the women's eyes brightened.
>
> Jaana's eyes lit up more, smiling, as she lowered her head and pushed her
> hair back behind her ear. Still, it was Felicity who just rolled her eyes
> and smiled pleasantly, responding. "I think that a trideo star named
> Sabastian Chance invited us," the mechanic replied. "Have you seen him?"

Tina watched the going-ons carefully, but found them dull, immature.  She had
spent enough time around humans to know where this exercise was going, and
although she herself found some merit the the physical exersions of casual sex,
she had no stomach for watching the "dance" before her.

Why did humans insist on spending so much time socializing?  There was work to
be done.  There were computer system logs to monitor and check, race data from
the trials the day before, systems to tweak and calibrate.  She wanted to be
back at the hanger, working, doing something that would prove her worth, a sign
that her existance was merited in this chaotic universe, but instead she sat,
watching drunk humans flirt and carouse.  It was disappointing.  There was so
much to be done, so many questions to be answered, and here is where the
Redliners choose to spend their time.