[HG-PBEM] Re: Outside the Room

  • From: "John Guilfoyle" <john.guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 12:22:20 -0700

> "I don't like," Silas piped up as he finished his Nothern scotch. "I for
> one don't want to be babysitting some Southern trideo pansy. Even
> the time trials can be dangerous, what if this 'star' gets injured? What
> happens to the team then?"

> "Well," the Colonel replied with a nervous look. "We'll just have to
> make sure that the contract protects us from such unfortunate
> incidents."

> "You mean 'you will have to make sure'," Silas corrected. The Colonel
> frowned.

Juliette frowned slightly as well, but kept quiet. She'd have to read through
this contract carefully before signing it. She understood the Colonel's point
of view, but what if he felt that way about all of his pilots? She still had
medical coverage through the Republican Army -- that was one of the few things
she hadn't been stripped off when she was court-martialled and dishonorably
discharged -- but she new that her health card would do her little good here
in the Badlands. She needed the coverage the Redliners could provide.